Update on change in car.
Last time you herd from me i was getting around in a Holden Gemini. Well the Gemini is in storage and my new beast is a Mitsubishi Sigma. I bought it from a guy up in Todjay, Erol Moore. It had been sitting in his shed for a couple of years and had never been raced hard. A couple of bits of tiding up and it was ready for racing. I raced it on two different nights late in the 08/09 season with great success. That was until on the second night of racing at Easter when the temperature gauge went though the roof! I had previously been spun by a fellow racer clipping my font as he overtook me and i spun 180 degrees to be facing the wrong way. Just as i went to grab first gear, along came another car and hit me head on. A bent front bumper bar and some minor fibreglass damage was all that came. Back to the temp, anyway after i got the bonnet off, i pulled the dipstick to find the oil had turned to a nice cappuccino colour. Shit I'd probably done a head gasket. If only i new!
To cut a long story short. Took the car down to Augusta's Richard nelson, who pulled the head off. It wasn't a gasket but the block!. It had cracked down one side at every whole the head screwed into.
This was going to be a major job. I had to source a whole new engine. At least it would keep me busy over winter.
Sponsors
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment