Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"For the Boys"

Welcome to my new blog, dedicated to my boys and our dreams to be speedway racers.
As it says in the title, "For the boys", after Ezekiel (8)and Dante(7) both came home from school one day wanting to have a motor bike, I had to come up with an answer.

Not wanting to get them one, due to the dangers (and that I was never allowed one as a kid), we had to come up with another solution. Then it hit me. The Speedway!

After some research we fond out that kids can start racing in the Juniors at 10!
This was the perfect answer. A sport that involved motors, cars, fuel and speed. Every boys dream.

But as the boys have another 2 years to wait until they can start driving. So what do i do???

Buy a car for myself of course! That way i will be full bottle on whats required to be a speedway driver and have the car side sorted out too. Although i have a pretty good mechanical knowledge, i think my biggest asset is my "I will give it a go" mentality. This scares most people i know, especially when I'm walking towards their car with a screwdriver and spanner in my hand, saying "I'm not to sure whats wrong with it but I'll pull a few bits off and have a look"

Anyway enough about me for the moment lets get into and check out my new toy.

No comments: