Sorry for not getting back to everyone sooner, but work has been chaotic!
Well Race day came, after some last minute alterations to get the car passed scruitenering. Lots of cutting and welding was done to lower the seat, secure the battery, install new anchor points for the seat belt harness, etc etc.
With Rain looming, the Margaret River speedway club wasted no time in beginning the races. AS my luck had it, I was in the first race of the night. All suited up and ready to roll, we proceeded onto the greasy Margaret River race track. Starting from the back of the rolling grid, the lights went green.
With a roar, we were off. I approached the first corner with caution, which was a good idea as the car started sliding everywhere. I held it together for two and a half laps and then it all went bad.
Coming out of turn 3 and 4 I lost all power. I pulled into the infield and as the car rolled to a stop the engine just died. A Marshal popped the bonnet and told me that there was oil all over the engine bay. Meanwhile the race finished and i was pushed back to the pits area.
Half an hour working on the car and it just wouldn't start. Basically the motor just blew up. I got some other drivers to help me push it back onto the trailer as that was the end of my night. I sat down with my boys and watched the rest of the race program including the 3 other production races that I was supposed to be in.
Well as it was the last race of the season, I have put the car away to concentrate on some other things, but to my surprise Manjimup Speedway is having a meeting on the 1st June!!!
On the phone to some wreckers in Perth and I have found another engine. Therefore this weekend I will be pulling out the stuffed one and putting in the second hand one I am getting next week. Hopefully I have more luck this time and can actually finish a race! Fingers crossed X Damon
Sponsors
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment